2016-17 School Community Council
Working together for school improvement!
*Ashley Chamberlain-Parent/Vice Chair
(* Parents in 2nd year of term)
Summary of 2015-16 Final Report
KMS funds were spent in a variety of ways meant to target not only the struggling learner, but the learner in need of enrichment. We were able to fund multiple sessions of summer school targeted for students in need of remediation and credit. These sessions included the academic areas of Reading, Writing, Math, Science and Music. During the school year, we were able to hire and pay a paraprofessional to come and tutor students that were struggling with poor grades or performance. This paraprofessional assisted students during teacher instruction, provided small group instruction, and also provided one to one targeted instruction to students. To increase our focus on upper level kids, we made a commitment to pay tuition and fees to enrichment programs for student who sought them out. Many students sought out this funding this year! Funds were also set aside and used to support our educational supply money. Purchases included items that support our 10 period schedule and intervention services.
Kanab Middle School Community Council Meeting Agenda
February 22, 2017
Review and Approve Previous Meeting Minutes (January CANCELLED, No Attendance)
- Net Safe Assembly: March 1st
- SMILES Dental visit: March 7th ?
- End of 3rd Term: March 17th
- Professional Development Day, No School for students: March 20th
- WRAP Week: April 3rd-7th
- Spring Break: April 13th-17th
- Anti-Bullying Assembly, Josh Drean: April 21st
- KMS Track Meet: May 2nd
- SAGE Testing: Late April-May
- End of Year Trip to Washington Aquatic Center: April 23rd
White Ribbon Week (Anti-Pornography): Scheduled for April 4th-8th: No assembly this year
- eSMART applications going out!! For INCOMING 8th grade girls. KMS to fund $125 of the $150 fee. 5 day, 4 Night Activity at Dixie!
- Summer Programs to include: Discussion
- Language Arts, up to 2 sessions (Mrs. Jeanine Johnson)
- Math (Mr. Glover)
- Science (Mr. Palmer)
- Aides (More focus on this!!!!)
- Other ideas:
Next Meeting: March 29th