2014-15 School Community Council
Working together for school improvement!
Lisa Church-Parent, SCC Chair
Ashley Chamberlain-Parent, SCC Vice Chair
Summary of 2013-14 Final Report
Funds were spent in a variety of ways meant to target not only the struggling learner, but the learner in need of enrichment. We were able to fund 4 sessions of summer school targeted for students in need of remediation and credit. These sessions included the academic areas of Reading, Writing, Math and Science. We were also able to hire and pay an aide to come and tutor students that were struggling with poor grades or performance. This aide worked during our structured study hall time. To increase our focus on upper level kids, we made a commitment to pay tuition and fees to enrichment programs for student who sought them out. As a result, we were able to pay tuition for 9 students to attend the eSmart Summer Camp. Funds were also set aside and used to support our educational supply money. Purchases included items that support our new 10 period schedule and elective classes.
Kanab Middle School Community Council Meeting Agenda
February 26, 2015
Review & Approve January meeting minutes
- 8th Grade Utah Scholars Assembly, March 4th
- YTBC Competition, March 10th
- End of 3rd Term, March 13th
- Gym Performances, March 19th & 26th
- Opera Assembly, March 26th
- Spring Break, Week of March 30th
Legacy of Liberty: Fundraising in process through March. Posted on KMS website.
KMS Student Fundraiser: Students are participating in a Maredy catalog fundraiser. Ends March 6th Funds raised go into student activities!!! This helps to support our student council and their efforts.
White Ribbon Week:
- Anti-Pornography, April 6-10th
- FTND Parent Night April 8th, FTND Student Assembly April 9th
- Summer Programs in Math, ELA, and Science
- In school Aide/s
- After School Program for failing students ??